The Nutrition and Health Centre for Training and Research (NHCTR), the research arm of the School of Health Sciences (SHS) at Ahfad University for Women (AUW), Sudan, organized a three days International Conference on “ Child Nutrition and Man-Made Crisis” in conclusion of the AUW Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration of its “Golden Jubilee”.
As part of AUW outreach efforts to the community, the conference is structured to be a scientific knowledge, experience, and practice-sharing one in order to promote child health and nutrition at both international and national levels. The main sub-themes suggested to be addressed will cover issues related to;
- Food security; a global call
- Food and nutrition for vulnerable groups
- Children under nutritional stresses in war-torn countries.
- Experiences and practices of NGOs in countries living under man-made crisis.
- Experiences and practices of UN Agencies in countries living under man-made crisis.
- Extent of food aid and tolerance of countries hosting refugees and displaced children.